An interactive Video Tutorial that teaches you how to model the acquisition and individual unit renovation (with continued operation) of a multi-family rental building with ground-floor retail and income-producing parking. The principles and skills taught apply equally to duplexes and 1,000-unit complexes.
You will come to understand the risks and income generation/cost savings opportunities inherent in performing a value-add renovation program while continuing to operate the building. Includes fully-assembled, fully-unlocked Excel file and hands-on Tutorial exercises and accompanying solutions.
Topics covered include:
- Integration of historical property data and existing rent roll into your pro-forma
- Modeling of future lease expirations and renewals and the individual unit renovation program
- Modeling of operating expense savings gained from the renovation/greening of apartment units
- Modeling of acquisition loan financing, residual equity requirement, and permanent take-out loan/refinancing
- Constructing amortization tables and using the VLOOKUP function efficiently
- Property Disposition modeling
- Running of sensitivity analyses around key variables in 2-way Data Tables.
Also applies to the acquisition of distressed or foreclosed properties.
Product includes the following items, which never expire:
Online access to an easily navigated 75-minute Video Tutorial, playable on any device including PC, Mac, phones and tablets
Accompanying fully-unlocked, annotated Excel file, compatible with both PC and Mac, which you can repurpose for future analyses
The Excel file includes the following tabs:
- Rent Growth Variables
- Assumptions Overview block diagram
- Rent Roll
- Renovation Timing
- Cash Flow Overview block diagram
- Monthly Cash Flow Exercise
- Amortized Renovated Unit Losses
- Monthly Cash Flow Solution
- Annual Cash Flow
- Amortization Schedule for Acquisition Loan
- Amortization Schedule for Permanent Loan
PDFs of slide presentation and Offering Memorandum for a Miami Beach, FL apartment complex