1. Not showing their listings on a MAP so people can select based on location
2. Not allowing filter-based search of their active listings based on criteria such as property type, minimum Year 1 cash on cash, etc.
3. Not forcing investment sponsors to present financials in a standardized format
4. Not providing a way to run side-by-side financial sensitivity analysis on their listings WITHIN their site — once someone toggles to Excel, they have effectively left your site. You might as well provide a link to your competitor’s site.
5. Not providing a way to compare their site’s listings to one another visually side-by-side
6. Not telling potential investors why their site’s listings are better than those of their competitors
7. Not being explicit and transparent about how they make money and why we should believe that they’ll still be around this time next year.
I know this is a nascent business, but let’s go, folks… You want our money? We want more from you.
Also, where the heck is the “Kayak for crowdfunding listings?” Is someone going to bring this to market? People don’t have time to go to 87 different crowdfunding sites.